• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
• A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
• DISPUTES RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
• YOU WAIVE YOUR CLASS ACTION RIGHTS.
• THIS IS A SKILL-BASED CONTEST.
• THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM.
Important: Please read these rules before entering the Pick & Go Contest (as further defined below). By participating, you agree to be bound by these Pick & Go Official Rules (the “Official Rules”).
1. SPONSOR: The “Sponsor” is RugbyPass Ltd. (“TRN”). Correspondences may be sent c/o MLR to: 5910 North Central Expressway Suite 1070, Dallas, TX 75206.
a) ADMINISTRATOR: Swissclear Global, Inc., with offices at 575 Lexington Avenue, 28th Floor, New York, NY 10001, is the “Administrator” of the Contest solely for the purposes of administering the questions during the live-stream matches and compiling Players’ scores during the Match Contests (as each term is defined below).
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. EDT on April 9, 2022, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 6, 2022 (the “Entry Period”). Potential winners will be determined, and prizes awarded throughout the Entry Period as further set forth below.
3. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Pick & Go contest can be accessed via the official TRN website located at www.therugbynetwork.com (the “TRN Website”) and is comprised of individual contests that may be played during the live-streams of Major League Rugby (“MLR”) matches available on the TRN Website during the Entry Period (each contest for a given match, a “Match Contest” and all the Match Contests collectively, the “Contest”). The Contest is administered and scored according to these Official Rules and the instructions provided on the TRN Website. Entrants to the Contest (“Player” or “Players”) may play Match Contests on the TRN Website for the opportunity to win prizes as provided in these Official Rules. The Contest is strictly for entertainment purposes and is not intended to be used in any way for gambling or sports wagering purposes (or to conduct, advertise or promote any form of gambling).
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia, at least sixteen (16) years of age or older, who are registered users of the TRN Website. While users outside the United States and the District of Columbia may play and answer the rugby-related trivia questions (described below), those users are not considered Players for the Contest and are not eligible to win Prizes. You may register for free on the TRN Website at https://www.therugbynetwork.com/join-free. The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the Contest: (a) owners, directors, employees, and representatives of RugbyPass Ltd., The Rugby Network, MLR, Swissclear Global, Inc., and any of their parents, affiliates, and entities involved with the development, implementation and handling of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and (b) the immediate family and household members (whether or not related) of each such individual. Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor. A Player is not a winner of any prize unless and until eligibility is verified and Player is notified that verification is complete. Void where prohibited by law. Limit: One (1) account registration per person for the Contest. Multiple account registrations (including using different email addresses) may result in automatic disqualification. Any Player that is a minor in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides must have the permission of his or her parent or legal guardian to enter this Contest.
5. HOW TO ENTER: THE CONTEST IS FREE TO PLAY. To enter a Match Contest, a Player must log-in to his or her account on the TRN Website, access one of the live-stream matches during the Entry Period, and answer a set of rugby-related trivia questions in the Match Contest prompt box or overlay panel, which can be accessed from the applicable live-stream match’s webpage on the TRN Website. The questions will be curated by experts in the game of rugby and include historical rugby facts, rules of the game, teams and players statistics, possible outcomes in the match, and more. Each correct answer to a question is worth a certain amount of points based on degree of difficulty in Administrator’s discretion. The total points a Player accrues from correctly answered questions during the Match Contest constitutes his or her entry into the Match Contest (“Entry”). Additional rules and instructions on how to participate in a Match Contest may be provided on the TRN Website during the live-stream match (“Contest Instructions”). All Entries must be received during the applicable live-stream rugby match. A Player may participate in the Match Contest at any time during the applicable live-stream rugby match; however, if a Player participates after time has already elapsed during a live-stream match or disengages from the Match Contest, the Player may miss opportunities to answer some questions and accrue points. Match Contests are available during live-stream matches only, not on any re-broadcasts or videos of recorded matches or clips. Sponsor or Administrator may cancel, postpone, or reschedule Match Contests during the Entry Period in its sole discretion. While a Player may participate in any or all of the Match Contests during the Entry Period, a Player may only submit one (1) Entry per Match Contest.
It is the Player’s responsibility to ensure that the Internet or mobile connection is reliable. If a Player loses connection during a Match Contest, it will be treated as if the Player failed to answer the applicable questions in the time allotted. However, if the Player regains connection during the Match Contest, the Player may re-enter the Match Contest and continue to participate.
Entries must comply with these Official Rules and Contest Instructions or be disqualified from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized TRN Website account holder associated with the Entry. If a dispute arises, the potential Winner may be required to provide proof of holding the TRN Website account. Anyone found to use multiple TRN Website accounts to enter will be deemed ineligible and will be disqualified. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor, Administrator, or any of their agents. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED DEFECTIVE AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any third-party website or service, or through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, and to disqualify any individual using such a website/service or entry method.
Each Player fully and unconditionally accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest and waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules.
Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into this Contest does not constitute entry into any other.
6. DETERMINING THE WINNER: For each Match Contest, the up to four (4) Players per applicable rugby match half (i.e., first half or second half) that accrue the most points during a given half and up to six (6) Players that accrue the most points during the entirety of the applicable rugby match, for a total of up to fourteen (14) Players, will be deemed the potential “Winners” (and each a potential “Winner”) of the applicable Match Contest and be awarded the applicable Prize based on the potential Winner’s point total as described in Section 8 below, in each case subject to confirmation that the potential Winner has met the eligibility requirements and complied with these Official Rules and Contest Instructions. For clarity, because a Player may accrue the most points in the first half, the second half, and the full rugby match, a Player may be a potential Winner up to three (3) times for a single Match Contest in connection with the applicable live-stream rugby match. In the event of a tie during a Match Contest, the Administrator, in its sole discretion, will break the tie by either awarding the appropriate prize level (as described in Section 8 below) to all Players with the same highest point total or by launching a “lightning round” of questions among those tied Players until the tie is broken.
Cancelled, Postponed, and Rescheduled Matches. In the event that a match is canceled, postponed, or rescheduled (in whole or in part) to a time outside of the original scoring period for that match, the match will be disabled from the Contest and selections made with respect to that match will not accrue points.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIMING: Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, the Contest Instructions, the administration of the Contest, and of determination of any Winner. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the determination of a Winner will be final. Any potential Winner will be notified by e-mail (via the email address associated with the potential Winner’s account on the TRN Website), within three (3) days of the applicable Match Contest. If the potential Winner fails to respond within five (5) days of notification, or as required by the Contest Instructions, the potential Winner will be disqualified and Sponsor may select another potential Winner at Sponsor’s discretion. Potential Winners may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within the specified number of days after date appearing on prize notification. In the event a potential Winner of a Prize is not able to meet the requirements for claiming the Prize, or fails to otherwise comply with these Official Rules or the Contest Instructions, such potential Winner shall not be entitled to the Prize, or any other prize, compensation or monetary value whatsoever, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the potential Winner.
8. PRIZES AND VALUES: Sponsor will award each Winner one (1) “Prize”, a promotional code with an equivalent value in U.S. dollars that can be used on the official shop website of Major League Rugby located at www.shopmlr.com as follows:
First and Second half Match Contest Prizes
• First and second place winners: $50.00 promo code
• Third and fourth place winners: $25.00 promo code
Full match Match Contest Prizes
• First place winner: $100.00 promo code
• Second and third place winners: $50.00 promo code
• Fourth, fifth, and sixth place winners: $25.00 promo code
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes is up to $23,625.00.
To be eligible to receive and redeem the promo code at www.shopmlr.com, you must enter the promo code where prompted during the checkout process. The promo code expires on the stated expiration date. Each promo code is single use only and cannot be applied across multiple transactions, so you will not have the ability to redeem any remainder of the promo code that is not applied in a transaction. Promo codes are not transferable to any other person. Promo codes are promotional in nature, do not constitute property, have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash (except as otherwise required by law) and are not redeemable to purchase gift certificates or gift cards.
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. In the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the Winner with their Prize, the Sponsor may elect to pay the Winner the ARV of such Prize, or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize(s). The ARV of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of Winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prize received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. It is each Player’s responsibility to provide accurate contact information to Sponsor.
10. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, by participating, you grant Sponsor permission to use your name, photograph, voice, any other likeness, or comments for publicity purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. These Official Rules, the TRN Website, and all related web pages, content and code are the property of the Sponsor or authorized third parties. The copying of any of those materials, associated trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITY: You represent/warrant that you have read, understand and will follow the Official Rules. You further represent that you have the right to agree to these Official Rules. You agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties (defined below) harmless from any third party claims arising out of or related to your participation in the Contest.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR ARE PROVIDING THE CONTEST AND SPONSOR IS PROVIDING ALL PRIZES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ADMINISTRATOR REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE PROMOTION OR THE TECHNOLOGY USED TO PROVIDE IT: (I) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; (II) WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS, INACCURACIES OR ERRORS; OR (III) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR ENABLE YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN IT. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OF THE OTHER RELEASED PARTIES HAVE MADE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRIZE AWARDED, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES.
Neither Sponsor nor Administrator assume any responsibility for: (i) matches or any Match Contest that are interrupted for any reason including, for example, due to the malfunction of computer equipment, data or software; (ii) activity on Player accounts as a result of lost or stolen account or password information; (iii) the failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay of any email or other communication to be received by Sponsor or Administrator, for any reason; (iv) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the TRN Website or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of information you provide for the Contest.
14. RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, licensees, representatives, attorneys, prize providers, advertising and promotion agencies, Administrator, Meta Platforms Inc. and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from any claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to your participation in the Contest. You agree that the Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be responsible for any warranty, express or implied, in connection with the Contest (including Prizes); (B) and will not be responsible or liable for any injury that may be caused by the wrongful act of any other person or entity, including TRN Website users, and by any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable are hereby expressly, voluntarily, and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
15. SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION / TERMINATION: If Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event or cause beyond its control, e.g., events of nature, interference by humans or entities unrelated to Sponsor, acts of government, public health emergencies (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest. If a Match Contest is terminated after it begins, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may select the potential Winners from all eligible Entries received prior to termination.
16. TAMPERING: Sponsor will disqualify any individual that attempts to tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest and reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY CLAIMS BY YOU WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes from among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
18. GOVERNING LAW: All issues concerning the Contest and these Official Rules shall be governed by New York law, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
19. MANDATORY ARBITRATION / NO CLASS RELIEF: To the fullest extent permissible by law, with the exception of disputes pertaining to Sponsor’s intellectual property rights, ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR RELATING TO THE CONTEST SHALL BE REFERRED TO AND FINALLY RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS UNDER THE JAMS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS WITH NO CLASS RELIEF. This clause shall be construed as a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act. The Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration. Judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Player be permitted to obtain awards for, and Player hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Player’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and Player further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
20. NAME OF WINNER / OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS: To receive the name of the Winners or a copy of these Official Rules, email email@example.com. Please indicate which Contest Winners list or Official Rules you are requesting (i.e., the name of the Contest).
//End of Pick & Go Official Rules //